Missouri Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can be very serious. The average car weighs about 3,000 pounds, where as a fully loaded commercial truck can weigh in excess of 80,000 pounds. This means that if you are involved in a truck accident, you could need the aid of an experienced truck accident lawyer to help you recover from any personal injuries endured caused by a truck accident.
One of the reasons you need an experienced truck accident lawyer is because a claim involving a truck accident can involve different issues:
- Multiple Parties:
- The Trucking Company
- The Truck Driver
- The Owner of the Truck
- Other Victims
- Multiple Insurance Companies
- The Truck Manufacturer
- The Truck Maintenance Company
- The Tire Company
- Statutes of Limitations – The state determines how much time you have to file your truck accident claim.
- Liability Issues – Truck drivers must follow different rules while on the road. This means that they might not be liable for all accidents they cause. For instance, if a truck jackknifes, it is not automatically the truck driver’s fault.
- Personal Injury – A truck accident can be very serious and involve permanent disabilities or loss of life. An experienced truck accident attorney will help you with medical records and other personal injury issues.
Commercial trucks are much bigger than normal cars. A commercial truck is any large vehicle that used for the transport of goods or supplies. Commercial trucks can be eighteen-wheelers, dump trucks, delivery trucks, tanker trucks, etc.
Truck drivers can cause accidents from a number of different reasons:
- Running off the road
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Sleepy from driving for too long without a break
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Failure to maintain the brakes on the truck
- Overloading the truck
- Oversized truck
- Lack of experience
- Poor driving conditions
- Dangerous or reckless driving
- Unsafe or improperly maintained safety systems
The law offices of Kevin J. Roach can provide you with a free initial truck accident consultation and determine if you have a good case or not. A truck accident claim can be difficult, Kevin J. Roach is experienced in truck accidents and will explain to you all of the rules and regulations that are involved in a truck accident claim.
Contact the law offices of Kevin J. Roach to schedule your free initial truck accident consultation.